We are available for research charters/contracts with experienced research crew and our 2C surveyed vessel ‘Brahminy’. Locally owned and operated, our company has GBRMPA permits for QLD’s east coast, Marine Park permits for several local rivers and creeks, a Charter Fishing Permit, plus Commercial Activity Permits for the Barnard and Family Islands groups, Goold Island and several mainland National Parks.
Dr Adele Pile is a retired researcher with over 25 years of experience in the Australian Marine Science community and will coordinate your research cruise. We have aided scientists from AIMS, JCU, CSIRO, QLD DSITI , UWA, ANU & UQ with various programs including inshore reef and seagrass monitoring, long term instrument monitoring, flood plume sampling, glider deployment and water quality monitoring to name a few. Stuart will tap into local knowledge, and our vessel “Brahminy” can be modified internally to cater for a variety of work to ensure that the research gets done.
- 6m centre consol Stabicraft surveyed for l0 pax or 900kg
- 10″ Lowrance HDS GPS/ Sonar unit with side scan feature
- 2 x 12 volt battery supplied power
- Removable stern mounted double sided easy-lift gantry with 60kg capacity on both ‘arms’
- Gantry has 12 volt Capstan winch capable of 30 metre per minute hauling capacity
- Fore-mounted adjustable computer/instrument bench
- Deck wash pump
- Manta tow board available for survey work
- Removable padded seating to adjust to passenger numbers or cargo space as required
- Roll up protective clear curtains to suit a variety of weather & work conditions
- Shallow draft & very stable in rough weather
- Rear access steps
- Muir freefall electric anchor winch to aid quick position changes
- Can be trailered and towed anywhere between Cairns and Townsville (towage fee applies)
We also have a range of camping and snorkelling equipment for hire.
Catering is available within the local Mission Beach area upon advance request.
|Boat with qualified Master of Vessel||$175 per hour|
|Boat with qualified Master of Vessel and one crew||$220 per hour|